Recipes & Fitness Tips
Some recipes, some blogs, some videos, some news and other interesting bits and pieces.
Everything But The Cow Macadamia Brownie
An amazing combination of tangy mango sweetness, gooey fudgy chocolate, and creamy crunchy macadamias...
These melt-in-the-mouth brownies may taste decadent, but they’re packed with vitamin C, protein, heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and potassium to boost post-exercise muscle recovery. And they’re dairy free to boot!
Energy (kcal) 295
Carbohydrate (g) 35
Of which sugars (g) 23
Salt (g) trace
Protein (g) 8
Fat (g) 15
Of which saturates (g) 5
Fibre (g) 4
Prep - 5 mins Cook - 15 mins
- 200g dark chocolate (dairy free, at least 70% cocoa)
- 2 large, free range eggs
- 100g dark brown sugar
- 60ml sunflower oil
- 200ml mango pulp (either tinned pulp or fresh mango mashed to a puree with a fork)
- 170ml EBTC Mango & Orange
- 3 heaped tbsp cocoa powder
- 80g self-raising flour
- Pinch salt
- 50g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C/ gas mark 4 and grease and line a 20-23cm square baking tray.
- Put the dark chocolate into heatproof bowl and place it over a saucepan of simmering water. When it has melted, take it off the heat and leave it to cool for a few minutes.
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and beat with an electric whisk until pale and thick. Then stir in the oil, the mango pulp and the EBTC Mango and Orange Drink. Whisk again briefly to combine.
- Pour in the chocolate and whisk briefly to combine.
- Sift the flour, salt and cocoa powder into the mixture and beat until smooth.
- Spoon into the baking tray and scatter with the macadamias.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until just cooked. Don’t overcook – the top needs to be firm, but the centre should still be gooey. Leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes or so and then cut into squares.