Recipes & Fitness Tips
Some recipes, some blogs, some videos, some news and other interesting bits and pieces.
Everything But The Cow Pancakes
I’d definitely recommend a Christmas morning workout to put a spring in your step for the long and indulgent day ahead! A deliciously festive breakfast, these pancakes are not only packed with goodness, but also happen to be an excellent combo of protein and carbs for post workout recovery!
Energy (kcal) 77 Protein (g) 3
Carbohydrate (g) 13 Fat (g) 1.6
Of which sugars (g) 3 Of which saturates (g) 1
Salt (g) trace Fibre (g) 2
Prep - 5 mins
Cook - 5 mins
- 120g spelt flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- Pinch of salt
- 50g dried cranberries
- 1 egg
- 120ml EBTC Strawberry & Raspberry Drink
- Zest of two Clementines
- Knob of butter and 1 tsp sunflower oil to fry
- Squeeze of Clementine juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- Mix together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, spice and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, lightly beat the egg with the EBTC Strawberry & Raspberry Drink.
- Stir in the cranberries and the zest of one clementine.
- Combine with the dry ingredients to form thick batter.
- Spoon the honey into a saucepan and warm very gently, with the zest of the second clementine and just a little of its juice. Set aside to infuse.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and melt a knob of butter in it and add the oil. Cook 3 or 4 pancakes at a time over a gentle heat, using a scant tablespoon of batter for each cake – you don’t want them too thick as they will rise anyway during the cooking process.
- Cook for a minute or two until small bubbles appear on top, flip them over and cook for a minute on the other side.
- Serve immediately on warmed plates with the warm infused honey drizzled over.
- N.B. as an extra Christmas treat, make hot chocolate cranberry pancakes by swapping 1 tablespoon flour for 1 tbsp cocoa powder in step one!