Recipes & Fitness Tips
Some recipes, some blogs, some videos, some news and other interesting bits and pieces.
Everything But The Cow Kiwi & Dark Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
I love to eat this ice cream in the ‘magic window’ after a heavy workout. Light, refreshing and rich in vitamin C, it’s packed with carbohydrate to replenish depleted glycogen (energy) levels, plus protein to promote fast muscle recovery and repair.
Energy (kcal) 195 Protein (g) 3
Carbohydrate (g) 42 Fat (g) 2
Of which sugars (g) 36 Of which saturates (g) 1
Salt (g) trace Fibre (g) 3
Prep - 5 mins
Cook - Churn for 30 mins in ice cream maker
- 50 ml water75g caster sugar
- 4 ripe kiwis, peeled
- 1 carton EBTC kiwi and banana
- Juice of ½ a lime
- 25g dark chocolate chips
- Dissolve the sugar in the water in a pan over a low heat. When the sugar has dissolved, bring to the boil and simmer for a couple of minutes until syrupy. Leave to cool.
- Blend the kiwis with the kiwi and banana EBTC drink. Stir in the lime juice and the sugar syrup. Leave to cool in the fridge for as long as you can. The mixture needs to be really cold. You can speed this up by popping it in the freezer for a while, but don’t let it freeze completely.
- Churn in an ice cream maker until thick and smooth. Add the chocolate chips and churn again for a few minutes then pour into a 500ml container and freeze.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, pour the mixture into a 500ml plastic container, cover and freeze for two hours, then beat with an electric whisk until smooth and creamy. Return to the plastic container and freeze again until required. The more times you repeat this process, the better the results you will have. Add the choc chips after the last time you blend the mixture.